Well, I am very surprised to report that I have had NO addiction cravings today, just the odd habit craving. But the discipline I've learned through WW has put me in good stead and I've made it through the day with no tears, tantrums or crankiness (!).
I've also managed to get out on the treadmill for half an hour AND stuck to points today (I even banked 4).
I know that the next couple of days will be the hardest but if I can get through those I'm certain I have won the war. A secondary achievement would be to not have a gain this coming WI.
As for most of us who make life changes, my motivation to change is my son. He is 10 months old and I do not want him to have any memory of his mother going out for a cigarette. Not to mention the obvious 'prolonging my life' reasons. When Quitline asked me my reasons for wanting to kick smoking, I couldnt answer for a good 10 seconds as i was close to bursting into tears. I just want to be here for my boy. He is all that matters.
Wish me luck :)
I've also managed to get out on the treadmill for half an hour AND stuck to points today (I even banked 4).
I know that the next couple of days will be the hardest but if I can get through those I'm certain I have won the war. A secondary achievement would be to not have a gain this coming WI.
As for most of us who make life changes, my motivation to change is my son. He is 10 months old and I do not want him to have any memory of his mother going out for a cigarette. Not to mention the obvious 'prolonging my life' reasons. When Quitline asked me my reasons for wanting to kick smoking, I couldnt answer for a good 10 seconds as i was close to bursting into tears. I just want to be here for my boy. He is all that matters.
Wish me luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment