A bit about me:
I'm a 29 year old Kiwi, wife to DH and mother to a beautiful baby boy who is now 9 months old.
I've been overweight for practically forever, other than a 2 year stint a few years ago where I felt (and looked IMO) great.
However, I met DH and became complacent. Too much good food and bourbon led me down the path to overweight-ness and my self esteem suffered. When DH and I got engaged I tried to lose weight and I think I lost a bit, although the wedding day rolled around with me in a size 18 dress. Thats OK though - I was the bride and still felt a million bucks.
After the wedding I decided it was TIME TO GET SLIM! So off I went, hiring a treadmill and psyching myself up for weight loss. I was just getting into it when I discovered that it had taken us WAY less time than I thought to get pregnant, so the weight loss went out the window.
It turns out that I am not graceful when pregnant and I was absolutely gagging to get my body back to myself. So 2 days after Luke was born, I joined WW Online and havent looked back.
My starting weight was 97kg and I set my goal to be 75kg by Christmas 2009.
As the weight shifted, I learned so much about myself. I never knew I was as strong as I am. Having a tiny baby and watching what you eat is no mean feat, and somehow I managed to slowly incorporate exercise into my day.
I often joke that WW is like a religious experience. I am passionate and can often be found lecturing all and sundry on the WW message boards.
In my humble opinion it is all about the 3 P's: Patience, perseverance and proactivity.
I have bad days and I have good days. There are weeks where I have to fake it til I make it, but eventually the mojo returns and its full steam ahead.
There are small gains and larger losses but overall I'm averaging about 500 grams loss a week. Can't complain!
I made my Christmas goal, weighing in at 74.2kg the week before Christmas. Stoked!! We holidayed in Brisbane where most of my family now live and I tried to eat well, but with no access to my tracking tools and the general holiday spirit, good intentions took the odd day off.
After our 8 day holiday I had a gain of 1.6kg, but 2 days of good eating saw me lose 1.1 of that.
So here I am, starting 2010 at 74.7kg. I have reassessed my goals and am now aiming to be 73kg by February, 70kg by Luke's birthday at the end of March, and an overall goal of 67kg by the end of June.
I couldn't have made it this far without the WW message boards. All of you are inspiring, generous with kindness and positivity, and you keep me accountable.
A special shout-out goes to the S2S girls. Without you, it would have taken me a lot longer to get up when I have fallen. You are special, incredible people and I can't wait to meet you in May in SYDNEY!! Wahoo, bring it on!
So that is me.
I hope that I can find inspiration and support from those who read this blog. Its scary to put myself out there, but nothing ventured is nothing gained.
Here's to 2010 - Goal weight and beyond!
No comments:
Post a Comment