Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fresh start, new attitude

Good evening lovely Followers!

Forgive me in advance because this blog post is very me, me, me...

First up: Confessions!
My weekly points allowance is 133. This week I consumed a massive 240-odd points! I cant even begin to tell you the gorge fest that I had, and in desperation I went and spoke to a PT at the gym on Wednesday and told her how I have been so hungry lately.
She told me that in her opinion, the training I undertook for the 10k run was upping my appetite and my body needed more fuel. Her advice? Eat if you are hungry!
I wasnt too sure about that, seeing as I was so over points with minimal discipline, and I didnt think my training was all that hard-out, but I took her opinion on board and decided that Thursday would be a new day. I decided to change WI from tomorrow to today to align myself with our new WW challenge (more on that soon).

I hopped on the scales this morning and braced myself for Epic Gain. I was blown away when the scales showed a VERY forgiving 400 gram gain! Dodged that bullet and learned a few things in the process.

I have also signed up for the Break program through my gym. Essentially it is a 13 week program with 2 x 30 minute one on one training sessions with a PT a week. They also provide a nutrition plan but I think I'll have a look over it before I decide whether to follow it or stick with WW. I am very excited about starting this next week! Thursday is my first session :)

Some of you may remember that I have mentioned my S2S girls a few times. Back in July last year, a group of us started Slimming to September - an 8 week 'challenge' thread on the WW boards. We, a group of mums on a mission, posted every day and got to know each other very well. These ladies are definitely now among my closest friends and were the ladies I met up with in Sydney in May. S2S morphed into challenge after challenge, and here we are a year on, just starting S2S the Anniversary edition.
We've only lost one participant along the way and picked up a few more too and we all post daily on WW and/or Facebook, text each other and generally share each others lives to a level that I never thought possible. They mean so much to me and their unwavering support and sense of humour has defused many a bust WI.
So there were a few sentimental tears as we kicked off S2S 2010 today!

Lastly, I have just completed my application for the WW Healthy Life awards! I am freaking out (a tad) that my photos, real name and innermost thoughts are up online for all to see and vote on.... but heck, I am proud of how far I have come over the last 15 months!
So, if you have a spare minute, I would really appreciate your vote. You can find my profile here


3 comments:

  1. Happy S2S anniversary Bec!! btw I voted for ya on the W Health Life Awards. 10/10. Keep it up chick, you are truly amazing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW your latest pic with you in a little black dress. One word - HOT! Loving that short hem line ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mads! DH was pretty keen for me to keep it on! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete