Saturday, July 24, 2010

The side effect of exercise - insatiable hunger!!

Ah yes, that chewing feeling in your stomach where everything edible looks great, points value be damned!
It was one of those weeks. The gym is clearly doing its job with another cm lost off arms and waist (yay!), but the hunger is something new and I didnt manage this week very well at all.

Over the weekend we had a relative say, so we had dinner out on Thursday and dinner at a another relatives on Friday. You would think that having been at this for nearly 16 months, that I would be able to handle the un-planned a bit better by now!
Alas, the call of the bread basket and dips was too strong to resist at the restaurant. I managed to stick to my no alcohol challenge (20 days and counting now) and avoided desert, but those darn breads and dips.... mmmmmm.

I went to the gym on Saturday and squeezed in a good hour, and we had a fair bit of walking Friday and Saturday with visits to the shopping centre and a farm attraction.

To cut a long story short, I earned 16 exercise points. I ate all of them, plus another 9 for good measure :(
I had a 100 gram gain, which wasnt too bad, all things considered and I have PROMISED to have a better week this week.

Its Saturday now and day 3 of my week. I've done quite well. It was another on-the-hop meal last night and I made the most of McDonalds WW meals. I was pretty cynical when they came out but I do admit that its very handy to be able to know exactly what you are eating when you have limited options, are short for time and are starving. I have McDonalds maybe once a month and its super handy being vegetarian because takeaway options are pretty limited. Its always a filet o fish for this girl, or Subway. Not too unhealthy!

I put my hand up to having a Sneaky WI on Friday and am KICKING myself for it. I weighed in at..... 66.9!! Which, had it been an official WI day would have meant GOAL!

But its not and now all I can do is work really hard and make sure it stays there so that I can get on here and Yippee on Thursday.

Now, what can I find to eat..........

No comments:

Post a Comment