Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How much is 28kg?

I was beating myself up this morning for eating like a mad thing the last few days. Then I put the brakes on and decided to stop giving myself a hard time.

I needed to have a moment of celebrating my success.... so I Googled. Lets put in perspective how much weight I have lost.

What weighs 28kg?

Well, this kayak does


And freakishly, this 11 month old baby.

(seriously though, that is one scarily large child)

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to look at it! But that baby??? There's something seriously wrong going on there.
    Yep - you've lost a LOT of weight, and it's great that you are celebrating that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! Yes, the baby is rather odd isnt it! Apparently it started growing in huge amounts at 2 months of age. My son is 15 months and is just under 11kg - and he's heavy enough to lug about. I get a sore back just thinking about that mother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredible!! actually I wouldn't mind a bit of kayaking. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your post, it puts things into perspective a bit. I would make all sorts of spluttering noises if I had to pick up 28kg - and it is about the same amount that I have lost too.
    Makes me wonder how the hell I got around before I lost so much weight, but then I remember how much of a generally nasty and sh*tty mood I was always in too. LOL

    ReplyDelete