Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Gym Assessment result!

Yesterday was the start of week 4 of my 13 week gym program.
When I signed up, the PT set my goal to reduce my body fat percentage from 32% to between 26 and 28%.
Each Monday I've had my weigh and measure, and in my first week, lost 2% body fat. She said to me at the time that it was a great loss, but that would probably be the biggest loss I'd have, being week one and all (that week I lost 1.6kg at WI)

Week 2 saw a slight increase in body fat - it had been a bad eating week and it showed, but not too bad. WI on Thursday showed a 100 gram gain.

Well, yesterday I was in shock when she announced that I had lost 1.9% body fat this past week! Amazing! That takes me down to 27.5% and PT said that even if I didnt lose any more she was happy with where I am at and I've reached my goal already. I'm hoping for a good loss at WI this week too, but the call of chocolate last night has been pretty strong so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Naturally I'm all fired up and setting myself a goal to lose another 2.5% over the next 9 weeks. Can it be done? If passion is any measuring stick it sure can be! Imagine having only 25% body fat! Wouldnt that be awesome!!

I also managed a 5k run on Sunday - the first run since the 10k a month ago and I was feeling it!
Ah yes, its a good week :) Now, just 2 days to get through without blowing out too badly and I hope to have a HUUUUUGE smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment