Has it been that long since I have posted?! Wow, time gets away on you.
I have NOT been very good as of late, however I was firmly back in the saddle this week and thanking my lucky stars that although I’ve had 2 gains in a row, I’m still under 70kg. I’ve shifted my thinking into gear as I noticed that I was slacking off – the good old “oh, one wont hurt” mentality that we all struggle with from time to time.
With under 3kg to go until goal, I have decided that my brain is simply lazy. So I am in the process of convincing it that I have 5kg to go – that certainly steps me up a gear and I knuckle down.
I went for a run yesterday (the 2nd one in about 3 weeks!) and was VERY happy with myself as I ran 6k! This is the longest distance I have run AND it was on the road too. I also biked to work and home again, so earned 6 bonus points :) (of course I undid all the work with too many bourbons last night but still stayed within points if you count the exercise).
The countdown is on to Sydney as well! Only 15 more sleeps and I get to meet my friends face to face for the first time.
TOO EXCITING!!!!
As an aside, in a rather naval-gazey way:
I find that the further down the path of this weight loss journey I go, the more firm in my beliefs that this is a lifestyle change I become. I am getting comfortable with my weight now – and after a year of doing WW its taken a long time for my mind to catch up. If something prevented me from losing any more weight I think I’d be OK with that.
I am learning to love myself again. And the funny thing is, I never realised before this that I DIDN’T love myself….
So ladies – put some faith in your ability to be able to make this work for you, for the rest of your life. Love yourself. Find perfection within your self-appointed flaws. We are all incredible for putting in the effort to change our lives and its time we felt a real sense of pride in that.
Lets show the world how its done :)
No comments:
Post a Comment