Friday, May 21, 2010

WI day and a kick up the bum

WI day for me and feeling dejected after a 600 gram gain.

I can see where I went wrong and I suppose that’s something but its always cold comfort when the scales have moved in the wrong direction.

Friday last week we went to a friends for dinner where I blew points big time. The rest of the week saw me trying to claw back the points but I was patchy and did not follow the program.

I am allowed 19 points a day. Friday cost me 40 points so on Saturday, Sunday and Monday I decided (foolishly it would seem) to stick to 15 points so I could save my maximum of 4. Of course by Tuesday I was famished and after getting to 19 points and having 4 gins under my belt, it proved impossible to avoid eating the remains of a Garlic Nan and Rice with Butter Chicken curry sauce left over from DH’s Indian takeaway. Bad.

Wednesday was another 15 point day and so was yesterday, until I didn’t make enough dinner for myself (2 tiny pieces of fish and not enough vege’s) and caved into a muesli bar and a muffin split to fill the gap. More bad.

Exercise was also pretty nonexistent. I managed a 20 minute run and a session on the weights on Monday, and then a 30 minute run yesterday.

No wonder I gained.

So I think its about time I take my own advice this week:

  • Drink my water
  • Eat all my points – don’t cut back and don’t go over
  • Get regular exercise
  • Be kind to myself

I still feel hungry but I have a packed lunch - 10 points worth, which leaves enough for a decent dinner and a couple of Friday drinks – and I plan to go to the gym at lunch time. Gotta love the new, shiny week. Wipe the slate clean and get it right this time.

Onward and downward!

*Edited to add*

Wow! I was playing around with my online tracker and it seems I go over points more often than I realise!

This is my average for the year to date on points consumed, earned and saved as well as weight loss. I think I am actually in shock and am REALLY motivated now to rein in my points!

2 comments:

  1. A new week, a clean slate! At least you're back on track : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess. I'm feeling much better now that I have identified that I am going over my points practically daily (if you average it out). At least I know where the problem lies!
    Just got back from the gym - weights, cross trainer of death and the bike. Feeling good and ready to tackle the weekend!

    ReplyDelete