DH is almost 38 and most of 'our' friends are in his age group as opposed to mine. Of course, they tease me and called me Baby when I bought up the fear of 30. Much to their amusement, but not so much mine. After all, 30 will be the oldest I have ever been so of course it freaked me out :)
But now, here I am. On the cusp of true adulthood - all excuses for reckless nights binge-drinking out the window (unless its a nice bottle of Sav Blanc according to Desperate Housewives).
And tonight, I dont care a bit.
I am so grateful that I have laid the foundations in my 20's and very thankful that I have had an opportunity to do so.
I have a wonderful husband who is incredibly supportive, sweet, a wonderful father and my best friend. He makes life easy. He embraces all my idiosyncrasies with a grin and genuine love. He helps me watch my points, yet never makes me feel guilty for breaking them. He supports me in my endeavours and shields me from hurt. His humour and absolute love of life never fails to lift my spirits. He is hard working, a contributor to society with strong views on certain topics and absolute commitment to his country and his family. He shares my views on parenting down to a tee, and I am so grateful to have him in my life.
I could not be the best Me without him in my corner.
My wonderful son, the absolute light of my life. How did I exist before he came along? His giggle, his smile and even his cry make me feel alive. I take so much joy in watching him - watching him eat, put his toys in his toybox, stack things, unstack things, walk, fall over, and walk again. Drink, splash in the bath, 'pat' the cat (generally consisting of tugging on a tail or whisker), read aloud in his baby language, sit, sleep...... well, just everything really.
He is the reason I get up in the morning and nothing brings me more pleasure than knowing I have an entire weekend to do stuff with him. He completes me on so many levels that I could never have anticipated. I adore him. I cant wait until he is an adult with his own experiences and opinions, yet I never want him to grow up.
I can actually feel the world stop when he is cuddling me. I love him so deeply it is terrifying yet invigorating at the same time. He takes my breath away.
My house, my pets (5 cats and a dog), my work - all fulfilling in their own way.
The life I have, the goals I have met, and the challenges yet to tackle - I appreciate them all.
My wonderful friends who have picked me up when I've stumbled, and celebrated with me when I have succeeded.... all with 100% genuine love and friendship. True friends - the kind you spend your life searching for. I thank you, each and every one.
For the memories shared and the good times we have had. For being there with me when I've needed you - thank you all so much.
So I look forward to this new chapter of my life - I choose to accept 'age' with graciousness and gratitude, knowing that the next 10 years will bring me many more life lessons and enriching experiences.
Farewell 20's..... you have been so good to me. It is bittersweet that I see you off, but I truly appreciate all you have bought me.
Much love
Becca
No comments:
Post a Comment