Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sydney ROCKED!

Aren't we all GORGEOUS!

Sydney was absolutely fantastic. I was sooooo nervous when I got off the plane, but as soon as I saw 5 smiling faces waiting for me at the arrival gate, all my nerves vanished.

There were 6 of us to start, with the other 2 joining us on Saturday morning. Friday was filled with McDonalds, cocktails, shopping, and a decadent spa. Total fun.

On Saturday myself and one other went to pick up the Brisbanite from the airport and we met the other Sydney-sider at the apartments. Finally we were all together!

Lots more shopping and walking on Saturday (bound to be some bonus points in there), nipple piercings, drooling over shoes and clothes, a sighting of a celebrity who I didnt recognise but sent the other girls in raptures, then back to the apartments to get prettied up for our dinner cruise.
Sydney at night is simply beautiful, especially from a boat on the harbour! I took lots of photos (most of them shocking) of the Harbour Bridge all lit up. I amazed myself at my restraint on the alcohol.... my mouth was busy talking rather than drinking and secretly, I was terrified I would come a drunken cropper in my fantastic new shoes. Lol

There was dancing and karaoke for some of us after the cruise and some interesting stories the next morning about events at the pub . All innocent fun :)

Sunday was kicked off with a sneaky sauna while the other girls slept, followed by chocolate, more shopping and a glorious breakfast. What could be better than wedges covered in cheese!! Yum!

Departure time came around far too fast. One by one we peeled off, back to the airport to board our flights back home. Lots of hugs, a few held back tears (or perhaps that was just me) and back to everyday life again.

I had a great time and desperately hope that we make this an annual event. I missed my boys, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. I ate my weight in junk and dont regret a single bite. Weekends like this do not come around often and we all vowed to make the most of it. Back to tracking from yesterday and upping the water to detox the system :)

To my girls if you read this: You are absolutely amazing. I knew this before we met, but to now have deepened our friendship even further by meeting..... I simply cant explain how much I love and respect you all. You are a fantastic bunch, so genuine, caring, accepting and I cant remember the last time I laughed so much. I recall looking around the table at the pub on Friday night and realising that I felt so content. Like I was home. It was crazy.

And to everyone else, get on those message boards! Not only is it fantastic support through your journey but as I have come to realise, you just never know where you will find true and lasting friendship. It could very well be in the next post.

Happy slimming

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear! I am trying to get on the message boards and contribute more, rather than lurking.

    ReplyDelete