Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Go me!


On Sunday I went to the gym and intended to do a 5k run for part of my 10k training.
To date the longest distance I have run is 6k. The longest I have run without stopping is 5k.

So on the treadmill I get (rather begrudgingly to be honest) and I ran.
And I ran, and ran, and ran. I got to 5k without stopping and decided to keep going. I ran 7k WITHOUT WALKING in 45 minutes. I started my cooldown and after a couple of minutes decided I still had more in the tank so I cranked out another 1k.

A total of 8k's, 51 minutes running in total and 6.5 exercise points!!!!

Proud.... who, me? lol

Bring on 10k :)



2 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy that we talk ourselves out of these things, when we really can do them? I'm the same way when doing the C25K programme on the crosstrainer e.g. I doubt I can do the 5 min walk, 25 min jog, 5 min walk tomorrow. But why do I say that??? I didn't think I could do the 20 min jog last week, but I did. I really did!! But all week I've been dreading the 25 min session tomorrow. And what's the worst that could happen? I might slow down momentarily? But, I might even be able to do it all.
    Didn't it feel great when you got to 7km? Go you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started out by doing C25K as well and I know *exactly* how you feel! Running is so psychological and you surprise yourself. You can do it!
    The most intimidating one for my C25K was the 8 minute run x 2. I even had nightmares! But the human body adapts far faster than we realise and I was amazed at how my lungs and legs were way ahead of my brain in the confidence factor. Good luck for your run! Let me know how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete