Thursday, April 1, 2010

What a busy few weeks!

The race day was awesome, but not so that weeks WI. Despite gyming, running and sticking to points like you wouldn't believe, I still gained 700 grams. I was devastated and as a result, went off track over the next couple of days (copious amounts of booze at race day didn't help either!)

However, I picked myself up and dusted myself off and WI'd early on Thursday which was the date for my 70kg mini goal. It was still a loss, but I didn't reach my target - I was 70.4kg. This is where a handy dose of perspective comes in but I didn't really find that until this week. So I didn't reach my goal... yes, its disappointing, but 400 grams off is bloody great really, especially as I set that target months ago.

It was Luke's 1st birthday last week and we had family come over from Brisbane for the occasion. I decided to have a few days off tracking, so indulged in alcohol (my sister and her partner stayed with us for 3 nights) and party food (a friends sons 1st birthday on Saturday and Luke's party on the Sunday). I ate cake after spending HOURS working on it, and refused to beat myself up.
I climbed back on the wagon on Monday and have been a good girl since. I went for a run on Tuesday and down to the gym yesterday. DH picks up the bike I bought tonight and we have a long weekend for Easter so I plan to get lots of exercise in. TTOM hit this week so all things considered, I'm not really looking forward to WI on Saturday, but what will be will be. I'll use this week as a 'take stock' WI and not expect to have a loss. Next week will see me back to my former WW glory, kicking ass :)

Oh, a new achievement! I ran a whole 5k WITHOUT STOPPING last week! It took 40 minutes and it was on a treadmill, but still, I did it! I've registered for the 5k fun run next weekend and am really looking forward to it. Now that I've broken the 5k mental block, I feel way more confident.

A couple of pics to share


Here I am with my friend Wendy after my first ever 2k fun run a couple of weeks ago. Wendy won her 5k class!


Luke's birthday cake - it was soooo yummy!


My gorgeous family. A year ago I avoided the camera, but now I look forward to being in photos with my darling boy. If nothing else, this whole journey is worth simply that.


Have a great week everyone and enjoy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful photo of you and your family! Congrats on running 5k's that's awesome

    ReplyDelete