Thursday, March 11, 2010

Phone applications finally found!

For those who know me, I am very much a geek. I love graphs, spreadsheets and all things Mobile related. So it makes sense that I have googled my heart out and found some applications to assist or record my weight loss.

Here are a couple of links I would like to share for those of a similar geek nature

This one takes you to a site where you can download a Points Calculator. Save it to your PC and then transfer it to your phone (either with Bluetooth, a cable, or possibly saving it onto your memory card from your PC then running it from your phone). Its a pain that it uses calories instead of KJ's, but beggars cant be choosers. Let me know if you know of one that uses kilojoules please!

This one here I am completely in love with. It takes my fascination for all things Averaged and Graphed and bundles it into one neat parcel on my cellphone - ready to show off at a moments notice! You can enter your weight each week (or whenever you WI) and it plots a chart and shows you all your losses etc. Very much like the Online Weight Tracker through WW but PORTABLE!! Woot! I spent some time today entering in all my historical data from my Tracker onto this application. Its free and Java based so suitable for most phones (not smartphones or iphones, but you guys have oodles of apps to choose from so its about time we get one! lol).

I'm still looking for other apps so I'll keep you posted if I come across any others.

The week has been going really well. I've eaten my points - no more, no less - and had a well deserved exercise break today after going for my run the last 4 days solid. Good girl!
I have my FIRST EVER fun run this Sunday. It is only 2K but I am looking forward to it. I average about 2.5k on a normal run so it will be nice to be certain I can go the distance while I immerse myself into the world of the recreational runner....
Only 4 weeks until the 5k fun run and I'd be lying if I said I wasnt a bit freaked. But I'll see how I go on Sunday anyway! Baby steps :)

I will be valiantly resisting the call of the scales tomorrow and staying strong with a Saturday WI. I havent sneaked a look once this week :)
Here's hoping for a good result on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment